We want to:
- encourage and support novel, high-quality public engagement activities that highlight STFC’s science and technology
- create a network of highly-skilled practitioners of public engagement with STFC science who inspire and involve colleagues, students, and the public, in their activities
- highlight the achievements of STFC science and technology, demonstrating the excitement of research and the value of STEM to the UK.
Our expectations of our nucleus award holders:
- delivering high-quality public engagement activities during the lifetime of the award
- raising the profile and standards of public engagement within their host organisation or professional community, including sharing best practice and developing new talent
- championing STFC science and technology, including the impact of science and technology on society
- regularly interacting with STFC’s public engagement and communication teams, including participation in STFC networks, events, and advisory structures when requested.
Full details of this award and how to apply are on the STFC Public Engagement Nucleus Awards page.