The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) has appointed four new members to its Science Committee to replace those who completed their term at the end of 2020.
The Science Committee is NERC Council’s main source of advice on scientific matters. It is responsible, among other things, for:
- developing NERC’s integrated science strategy
- advising on the balance of the science portfolio
- advising on the strategic priority of funding new programmes and initiatives.
The new appointments, who start from January 2021, are:
- Professor Nicola Beaumont, Plymouth Marine Laboratory
- Professor Jane Hill, University of York
- Professor Daniel Parsons, University of Hull
- Professor Stefan Reis, UK Centre for Ecology & Hydrology